Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge week #42



Hello everyone!

I am back after an extended absence - I was away at Scrapfest and have spent the last few days trying to get "back to reality." Let's face it - there isn't much "real" or "everyday" about spending five days away with a great bunch of girlfriends shopping, talking, eating, taking great classes, winning free stuff, scrapbooking, meeting others who share your passion and sharing ideas. And, on top of all that, I was able to see Rascal Flatts and Darius Rucker with Donna and Judy - what a fabulous concert! One of my favorite songs was Darius Rucker's version of "Purple Rain" - wow! So, I had a great time, but as the end of the trip draws near, I always feel a little sad that it is coming to an end, sort of how I used to feel after Christmas as a child - all the hype and then all of a sudden it seems it is over it all happens so quickly....thankfully, it has become an annual trip and hubby hasn't questioned that fact as of yet, so all is good. I shall start looking forward to next year's trip!

I discovered something new this trip - Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels. Although our LSS has had this product in the store before now, I hadn't had a clue what it was at the time and didn't take the time to find out, too bad as it's REALLY cool! I did the Tattered Angels make N take as well as their class and had the opportunity to play with their awesome stamps and screens as well as the mist. It is pure creative, messy bliss! I cannot wait to get my hands on this stuff - the best part is that "Christmas" is not quite over (if you will) as our LSS is putting an order for this line in asap! Yahooo!
As for my card - The stamp set is Childhood Portrait, one of CTMH's new ones. I LOVE this stamp set! Card base is Kraft which I've had a lot of fun with lately. This fun paper is called "O Holy Night" from The Rusty Pickle's White Christmas line. This is a two-sided paper and I love both sides!
Have a great day! I'm going to try to make some visits today too - maybe once everything is unpacked. :)
Shanna


6 comments:

  1. what a beautiful card :D

    cracked me up when you said that your dh hadn't questioned it yet :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card, I love the silhouette!
    Your trip sounds like heaven! Glad you had such a great time! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card! I love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Christmas card. I love that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card I love the papers and image. have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you make wonderfull card...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)