Saturday, December 19, 2009

Merry & Bright

Good Saturday Evening,

Today's card is another version of a card I posted way back in Sept or Oct. This time, I used CTMH's Heartfelt Christmas and DCWV's Holiday Collection - The Christmas Stack - I love the vintage feel of all these papers. If I recall correctly, I used cranberry ink for the reindeer and cocoa for the sentiment. Sorry, I cannot remember what set the sentiment is from.

I hope you are all having a great weekend! My week was so busy, I've been wound up like a top - last day of school, last day of gymnastics, last day of daycare - gifts for teachers, bus drivers, daycare providers, gym coaches.... Fun, but very busy! Looking forward to some down time.... I must say I am very fortunate to have most of the next two weeks off - I have to work on Tuesday, but other than that it will be family time and time to celebrate - baking, crafts, gift wrapping and just hanging out with my boys! We have very special house guests arriving on Christmas Eve, flying in from Southern ON - fingers crossed for good flying weather - and they will stay until early on the 29th. My boys are so excited! Nanny and Papa have never been here before for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - always before or after, but never on the actual day. I must admit, I'm just giddy. My favorite time of year is Christmas, likewise fror my Mom - and this just makes it all that much more special this year. Also, it looks like I may sneak in a bit of scrapping between Christmas and New Year's with Danderella up the street. It has been so long since we've been able to scrap together! So, all in all, I have a great deal to be thankful for and now that it's Saturday night, most of the agenda items have been taken care of and I can hope to start to relax - maybe a little bit. How is everyone else doing?

Hugs,
Shanna :)

7 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card! Enjoy your time off! I'm heading home to Portland on Christmas Eve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. I think the merry&bright is from Christmas Melodies.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card - so great to have your parents for xmas :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know this card is just stunning!!!! Simply gorgeous!
    We had my parents over for Christmas 1 year...best present ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shanna! *Ü* Very CUTE! Love the simple look of this. I keep seeing cards made with the kraft c.s. and I tell myself I'm so going to make one of those SOON and I never do. LOL. I LOVE the look of that. Anyway, yup! BUSY BUSY!! Trying to get house cleaned for company this week and finishing up some Christmas gifts. I'm more behind than I've ever been. Hopefully I won't get stressed out. I'm determined to just take it easy and what gets done gets done and what doesn't doesn't. (Easier said than done! LOL)

    Have a very JOYful CHristmas Shanna! Thanks so much for the wonderful comments you've left me!! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card. Would you bake a few dozen cookies for me, eh? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I love the image and papers. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)