Sunday, February 28, 2010

Paper Sundaes - Sketch Challenge!

Happy Sundae!

Our challenge this week at Paper Sundaes is a sketch and here is the card I came up with. I just love a great sketch! This cutie - "Rainy Cythia" is from The Stamping Boutique - this week's sponsor.
She was just "begging" to be colored in bright cheery colors, so I pulled out my "Lime Rickey" paper pack from Basic Grey and got to work with my copics.

My baby brother is getting married in June. The Jack & Jill is this weekend as well as a Bridal shower. I am missing it since my family is in Southern Ontario and I'm up North, so this is the card that I made to send down. I thought the image was appropriate since the card is for a Bridal shower.

I was able to incorporate a challenge here since the theme this week at Raise the Bar is Three's Company - use three of anything. I have used three different patterned papers here.



And last but certainly not least -I was preparing to print my image a couple of days ago when my son got on the computer and ended up printing a full page sized image. No worries - images do not get wasted around here. Danderella's girls were over and the image was watercolored beautifully minutes later! I just had to share!
Wishing you all a Happy Sundae!
Hope you can play along!
Shanna :)
What I used:
stamps: Rainy Cynthia Digi from The Stamping Boutique, SU sentiment
papers: Basic Grey "Lime Rickey", CTMH outdoor denim
embellishments: Basic Grey stickers & buttons, embroidery floss, Me & My big Ideas icons, machine stitching

14 comments:

  1. so pretty! love the fresh bright colors!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable. I love the colors.


    Give your son a hug. Great job. My daughter loves coloring digis too. (In fact she will have a card posted on my blog on Monday.) I love when kids take an interest in crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vibrant colours you chose for this card Shanna, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a darling card! I just love the LR paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shanna!! BEAUTIFUL card! I'm sure they'll love it. Fun colors and it definately says "HAPPY"! And Danderell's girls did a gorgeous job coloring as well. How fun!! *Ü*

    Have a super week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Shanna, This is just the perfect card for a 'shower'. Love the DP and your coloring is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant card Shanna, the fairy image is fab and I love the gorgeous colours and papare.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, I love the image and papers you have used

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the card. You love that paper line, I am gald to see you have been able to use it a ton! I have paper lines that I am still trying to use from three years ago. They will all love your card and the image is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. she goes fantastic with lime rickey :D

    fab card :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her, it's such a cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh.. I love this! What fun colors and a fun image... I love your boy cards down below too... totally cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card, and perfect for a shower! I love the papers that you've used, so perfect with this image. I also love that you showcased another image of her - how wonderful when we can get little ones to join in on the fun! Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)