Sunday, March 21, 2010

Paper Sundaes Challenge #10 - Paper Piecing

Happy Sundae! So glad you stopped by. I hope you will join us for this week's challenge at Paper Sundaes - paper piecing. Paper piecing is so fun, I really should do it more often! Head to your craft room and get crafting - this week you could win a great prize from Simon Says Stamp! And don't forget to visit my fellow DT members to check out the fabulous creations - their links are on my sidebar.

I have to say that I love how this cutie turned out and the papers I used were in my scrap bin! :) I love using CTMH's textured paper as it has a white core that shows through when you sand it which is what I did to the scalloped oval.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Friday Sketchers - sketch - LOVE this one, will be using it again for sure!
Stamp Something - distressing
KLSNS - use a flower & stitching

I apologize for the second photo in particular - since hubby is out of town with the boys, he took my Canon and I was forced to use our little Sony. I cannot believe that I was actually able to take decent photos with that thing, I am having such a hard time now!!! Oh well, it did the trick in a pinch!

I went ahead and finished the inside. You will notice I didn't put a sentiment on the front - well it just didn't look right anywhere. I will either use it as a notecard or convert it later by placing a sentiment on the inside.


I hope you are having a fantastic weekend! I sure am - I have been enjoying my quiet, clean house and being able to go to and fro whenever I please - such a treat! - makes me think of my University days, or more accurately those few years between University and children, lol! I do miss them a little, but for now I am going to enjoy my solitude just a little longer....

Enjoy your Sunday!
Hugs,
Shanna :)


What I used:

stamps: CC Deisgns
papers: misc scraps from my stash
embellishments: brown & white gingham ribbon, prima flowers, misc brads, machine stitching, Milled Lavender Distess Stickles
tools: sandpaper, Petite ovals small & Petite scalloped ovals small Nestabilities, CTMH edge distresser
copics: YROOOO, E00, E44, V91, V93, V95, BG000, COO

13 comments:

  1. Oh so cute and such pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just adorable...What a cute card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! Love the layout, colour combo, ribbon & most of all how you decorated the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! the stitching and distressing look really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable! I may have to cave and get some of these, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card.. the colors are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute... love the colors! Glad you are enjoying your time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute image, great stitching and flowers, too. Thanks for playing along with us all at KL Stampin N Scrappin!! Hugs, Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! Love the image and the papers you used. I agree about the sketch, it is a keeper! Thanks for joining in my challenge at KLSNS :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)