Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy New Year!

Okay, I have switched gears a little, a different color combo and theme....

The challenge this week at Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge (#7 ) is a fantastic sketch and this is my rather loose interpretation of it. This is my first official holiday card for the year 2011 and I am so happy to get started. In an ideal world, I would like to play along with Sparkle's challenge every week, we'll see how it goes. Last year, I made many one-of-a-kind cards which was fun, but time consuming. Since I built a big perennial garden and a veggie garden last spring/summer, I will be wanting to more time out there once spring rolls around - seems like a looong way off right now - so I want to be a little more practical about my Christmas cards while still planning to get as many as possible done early. As for this one, I think it will be a good one to duplicate a few times when I get together to scrap with my girls and that will help me reach more goal of 100 cards faster!





Oh and I finally cracked open my Polar White Flowersoft - I love this stuff! I love the little bit extra this gives to my otherwise simple card!
There are still three spots available if you want to play Pay it Forward with me, just scroll down to my last post for the details.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Shanna :)

What I used:
copics: B01, BG02, B0000, E31, E47, YR07
stamps: CTMH A Little Everything D1420, Elzybells (I think)
papers: CTMH crystal blue, chocolate
emb: Polar White Flowersoft

5 comments:

  1. Great card! The flower soft does add the right touch. I will help you keep on track with your Christmas cards, don't you worry about that. Have you seen all the scrapbooking days that I have planned for us! Love, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby card! Love the cute image and the flower soft looks really snowy! I can't face Christmas anything at the moment......guess i'm destined to have a mad dash in November once again!
    Oh I soooooooooo want to live in Thunder Bay! I was just reading Donna's comment about all the fun you have lined up and I wanna come tooooooo!
    Hope you are having a nice weekend
    Loopy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it!!! That snow is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)