Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sending you Birthday Wishes...

Hello my bloggy friends! So glad you stopped by today. I have been MIA again for a few days since I went on a work trip and ended up with no internet!

I do have a card to share tonight though for the current challenge at Cupcake Craft Challenges - In the garden. Well, after all that work I did building my new perennial gardens last summer, I am sure hoping to find some of these.....
in my garden this summer!

I also want to mention that I was very lucky to be selected as a "Cupcake Cutie" two weeks ago over at Cupcake and will display my badge proudly! Thanks girls!


Here is the second version of this card.


When rifling through the stash - yes I even have an ink stash - I came across a Kaleidocolor ink pad that pre-dates many, many other things in the stash. I thought to myself, hmmm, I wonder if this is all dried up - that is how old it is! Well, it wasn't dried up and I had a jolly time inking up these butterflies while thinking about my bloggy friend Loopy - she has a thing about butterflies! She shared a story some time ago involving an outdoor Wedding and the release of live butterflies.....


Well, I do have a number of creations to share if only I could get around to posting. I will try, but I have to admit that my garden is calling.....dare I say that I think perhaps spring has finally arrived. All at once I have several spring flowers blooming - the scilla, daffodills and pansies showed up last week. Now I also have grape hyacinth, bergenia and pasque flower blooming - hooray for spring, there is finally colour in my garden!


I'll be back when I come in from the garden....sometime....maybe......if it rains.....or gets cold....which it is likely to do.....


Shanna :)





7 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week and good luck!
    ~hugs
    Sara, Guest Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Narna!
    I've been MIA too so on a catch up now!
    LOVE this card (actually both cards!) They are so simple yet so so so striking! Think I might have to dig out my rainbow ink pad now and have a go. Thanks for the inspiration! Congrats on making the top 5 at cupcake too, very well deserved.
    Well we are back from our little holiday and I have a mountain of laundry to get through. I really hate ironing........must crack on!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous multi-colour stamping! Love it! Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I've been away from bloggy land, too.

    Your card is gorgeous. Stunning. I love butterflies...and I love this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been way out of the loop in blogland, too. Trying to play catch up! I love this one! Hoory for finding that ink pad. I think I have one stowed away, too. It really gave such a great effect on that butterfly image. Such a beautiful card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)