Sunday, February 5, 2012

Celebrate


So, I'm not moving so well today as a result of my experiments on the slopes on Friday with my snowboard - have been trying motrin and hot baths with epsom salts but I am afraid only time will heal my poor aching muscles. I can barely lift my left leg without yowling and I finally figured out why - I was using my left foot to hold up the loose end of my snowboard while riding the lift. You see, this old body of mine is not in as good a shape as it once was and letting the board simply dangle like all the young kids out there was making my knee hurt, so I thought I had found a solution by holding it up with the free foot - right? Wrong - now I can barely put my sock on, lol! Having said all that, I did manage to ski for a couple of hours yesterday morning, going on the philosophy that to keep moving was the best "medicine".....at least skiing does not use all the same muscles....

Anyhow, you didn't come by to hear about my aching body, but perhaps to see some artwork. It feels like forever since I dusted off my copics and actually sat down to colour an image. Thank goodness Krista's birthday came up, since I had a specific stamp in mind to use on her card - and it required at least a bit of colouring. I did however, decide it would be fun to paper-piece her dress. Here is the result of pulling out the copics and cracking open a brand new 6x6 Paper pad. This one has such fun patterns and colours!


I thought that bottom corner needed something, so I simply cut out a flower from one of the papers and embellished with rhinestones. I also had some fun with my ribbon treatment - I pleated and sewed it right onto my patterned paper before adhering it to my card base.

The sentiment is stamped on the edge of a nestability and then slid under the main image. The main image is on pop dots to accommodate the bulky ribbon.

And here is the inside. I decided to cut out another flower. I don't often put numbers on birthday cards, but found this sentiment from CTMH to be appropriate since the recipient was celebrating one of the "big ones"!
Happy Birthday Kris - it was so nice to see you today!

I would like to share this at:
The Ribbon Carousel - paper-piecing
Inspired By - inspiration photo - you must check this out, it's too fun!
(I think Madison resembles Minnie just a little, though she is wearing more sensible footwear! Madison is enjoying her margarita after a fabulous afternoon of window shopping with her girlfriends!)

Hope you have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Shanna :)

What I used:
papers: Basic Grey - Out of Print
stamps: CTMH, Stamping Bella - Madison has a Margarita

5 comments:

  1. OH my cute, cute, cute!!! Thanks for playing at Inspired By and Ribbon Carousel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too adorable!! Love it...I don't know how you guys have the patience to paper piece...yikes!
    Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Wish I could have been there to celebrate with you all! I love her paper pieced dress!! And the colours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! I like how you pleated the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Ribbon Carousel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better! Skiing just scares me. Your card is amazing, the detail is out of this world, the coloring is perfect and I love your patterned paper choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)