Saturday, June 23, 2012

Time to smash

 Saturday is here, thank goodness! Just sharing a couple of super quick Smash pages.




 Yep, I went shopping with my sister back in April and we came across a display of Smash books. This is the "green" themed book (so me!) and I bought the baby themed one for my sis who is due next month with my first neice/nephew! (Can't wait to meet him/her when I go home in August!)


I am thinking of this book more like a photographic journal than scrapbooking, but either way it has been pretty fun! I am trying really hard to not think too hard and just cut, paste and write. Easier said than done!!!
Right, I hope you're having a great weekend! Hubby isn't working as much as usual this weekend, so we are looking forward to a "family day" tomorrow. I will consist mainly of yard work, doing laundry and packing for a very busy next couple of weeks, but that's okay since I won't be doing it alone!


Hugs,
Shanna :)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were Smashbooking...cool. I think it would be hard...I always have trouble restraining my scrapping...always adding a little more of something. Have a great weekend! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! i soooooooooo HEAR YOU! the "not thinking too hard" part is always a challenge for me, too... but definitely worth remembering!

    i'm LOVING your pages which are indeed ♥smashing♥ in every sense! :) and of course your photos are BEEEEEAUTIFUL!!! re content: i think that smash books... or really ANY kind of journals... can--& maybe SHOULD?--be dynamic and change to reflect what the journaler is "into" at any given time... maybe this summer it'll be all photos; on vacation it could hold ephemera from the trip; in the fall it might be more art experiments; etc etc?

    in any case i ♥LOVE♥ what you've done so far!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)