Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dude!

Still pretty cold here (-28 c with the wind chill), but much warmer than it was on Sunday and Monday! Thank goodness for that! Kristi asked if we were freezing our eyeballs at that temperature, lol (comic relief is good at this temp!)...we usually manage to protect them as long as you walk to and from the car etc quickly (goggles are helpful if skiing!) but if you have anything in your nose...


Ok enough of that!
Today's card is for the current challenge at The Paper Players which is a sketch. I made a similar card back in the fall, but liked it enough I decided to make a few more with slight variations for the stash. I actually like how this one turned out better - the oval shape for the sentiment works better than what I used previously. I cut this one with my Cricut Artiste cartridge from CTMH (Thanks Donna for the suggestion!) The sentiment is from "Rugged Dude" B1405.

Here is the inside - simple but fun.
The image is from Powder Heaven (CTMH) and the inside sentiment is from D1475 Card Chatter Birthday.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I haven't been able to visit much this week. It's been super busy at work and I'm finding between that and the extreme cold, I'm drained. I've been going to bed early which leaves little time for blogging.

Ciao!
Shanna :)

7 comments:

  1. Loving all the guy cards too! Keep warm girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The oval does work nicely. Love how you did the inside of the card. Looks like you have another card that you can submit at my Kick-Off gathering to possible win a fabulous prize!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BBRrr, we had cold like that the other week, not pleasant, I didn't want to go into the garage never mind outside!
    Fabulous cards, your stamping is outstanding! Love them both!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome guy card, dude! Love the colors on the main image and the nesties you used add so much movement to the image. Great choice! Thank you for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shanna, it's been that cold here, too - so we must be close! We call it "freeze your nose hairs" weather! :-)
    I love your masculine take on the sketch and the frames you used really help to create a feel of movement; perfect with the image. Fabulous color scheme, too!
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for a young adult male. That's a stamp area I am seriously lacking in. I like the inside just as much as the outside, too! Thanks for sharing your project with The Paper Players, Shanna!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)