Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Celebrate with Fun and Games

I was playing around with my Tim Holtz Distress Stains again :) when I realized that my youngest son needed a card for a Birthday party he was going to. The birthday boy is an avid gamer (turning 10) and that was also the theme for the party, so it was time to ink up my CTMH "Tech Speak" set. I enjoyed playing around with different stamps from the set in the background and learning to use my distress stains at the same time. It came together pretty quickly, so I think I may make a few more similar cards for boy birthdays to have in the stash. Forgot to photograph the inside this time, oops!


I would like to share my card at:

Seize the Birthday - masculine
and
Heart 2 Heart - opposities attract
Hmm, I found this one a bit tricky, but my main colours of red and light blue are almost opposite on the colour wheel, colours that represent the opposites hot/cold and fire/water, so perhaps this fits...

Thanks for stopping in!

 I am happy to report that the temperatures have improved a great deal for outdoor winter endeavours around here these past few days. We had an incredibly beautiful weekend - it felt positively tropical at a high of -5 on Sunday, so I went for ride on my snowboard! Last night, it was so beautiful, I just had to get outside, so I went out to Lappe Nordic for a skate ski and watched the sun go down behind the trees, at first in shades of pink and orange, progressing to shades of blue and green. It was about -9 C with no almost no wind at all. The stars were out by the time I was heading home and Orion was clearly visible - it was bliss! Sigh.

Happy Tuesday!
Shanna

What I used:
Tim Holtz Distress stains
CTMH "Tech Speak"
and "A Little everything" D1420

8 comments:

  1. That works for me. Great card. Masculine cards are always hard to make, not sure why. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Love all the random stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool masculine card! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've nailed this one! It's a perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wicked cool card! Thanks for joining us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card! You rocked it out! Great take on the challenge, I struggled with it too! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)