Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to my LSS - DAT'S Scrapbooking!



Good morning everyone!

Woo hoo! Today is our LSS's 6th Birthday Celebration - Congrat's to DAT'S Scrapbooking for six fun-filled years! There is a make 'n' take this morning between 10 am & noon featuring Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - how fun is that for only $3.00 and I will have another Christmas card done! And - I received an email last night saying that EVERYTHING in the store will be 25% OFF (the only exception being special orders)!

So for all you local gals who want to get a Christmas Card done, try out Tattered Angel's Glimmer Mist (you will love it!) and support your local Scrapbook Store - see you at DAT'S this morning! I plan to be there when she opens the doors at 10 am.


As for my card, this is one of the cards I prepared as a sample for our Stamping Charity Pyjama Party back in September. The stamp set is one of the new Christmas ones from CTMH called Holiday Jingle. The paper is "O Holy Night" from Rusty Pickle. It is actually the backside of the paper I've used in some recent Christmas card posts. I love this paper! When you buy two-sided paper, do you think to buy more if you like the pattern on the back? I often do, depending on how much I like the other side. Embellishments - the ribbon is Stamping UP and I tried a technique I'd seen a lot on Laurel's blog, though she often sews it and I was having trouble sewing a peice this small, so used glue dots to hold it in place instead. I also used some Bella Bling and my corner punch from EK Success.

Well, I'm off to get dressed and go SHOPPING (woo hoo), then work on my boy's Halloween Costumes - what are you up to today???

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful Christmas card! I LOVE that paper. Your ribbon looks wonderful...do you find that glue dots don't last long holding ribbon...at least the ones I use seen to loose their 'hold' after a while and my ribbon falls off!
    Anyways have fun shopping and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and how you did the ribbon especially. Have fun at the sale. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card - looks like a window to me :D

    i'm off to scrap for the day - woot woot :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card! I love the background! I'm working on some challenges today then studying for class! Have fun shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a great card! Have fun shopping and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)