Saturday, April 4, 2009

I get by with a little help from friends - and family...










These cards were made by my Mom! Mom always says she loves what I do, but she doesn't think she has the patience to do it... She is very creative, so I can see her getting into it one day, maybe if she can stay home long enough - she is always on the go, I don't know where she gets her energy from!

I had surgery nearly six weeks ago which meant I needed six weeks off work, couldn't drive for a month, wasn't allowed to do housework, at the least for the first few weeks, etc. I must say I don't know what I would have done without the help of friends and family. My dear friend, Donna drove me to the hosptial, stayed with me and waited until I was out of recovery and as comfortable as I could be in my room. Am I ever glad for that since it would have been hard for my husband to keep me calm as we tend to talk about the family business lots when we are together! Donna and I had no problem yaking about scrapbooking and stamping and the time passed quickly. My good friend and neighbour, Danielle, kindly offered to receive my boys from the school bus and give them dinner, amongst other things, a number of times in the few weeks following the surgery, and this was so helpful. My little sister, who was just married in January and had just returned from her honeymoon, flew up to help take care of the boys and do the cooking & laundry. A week after she left, my parents arrived, just in time for March Break - perfect as they kept my boys busy and managed to entertain me a little as well. By the time all of my wonderful helpers had come and gone, I was really starting to perk up and feel more like myself. It was near the end of my Mom's visit that she decided she wanted to make a couple of cards. The first one she made for our dear friend who had surgery this past Thursday. (I heard from her family and she is holding her own so far, but is not yet ready for visitors, she remains in our thoughts.) The second was for my son's Birthday. I thought she did a great job considering she put them together super quick!


Anyhow, I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thanks to everyone who offered and provided help to us, who sent flowers and cards and who kept me and my family in their thoughts as I recovered. I am doing well and will return to work on Monday. I'm thinking it will be a little bit of a rude awakening - it is not quite the same as being off for a week of vacation. It should be interesting! Like I said, I get by with a little help from my friend and family - I couldn't do it without them. Thank you so much guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)