Sunday, April 25, 2010

Paper Sundaes Week # 15 Recipe Challenge

Happy Sundae! So glad you stopped by today! This week, the challenge at Paper Sundaes is a recipe! The ingredients are:

  • 3 patterned papers/designer papers
  • 2 different colors of cardstock
  • 1 flower
This is my take on the recipe. Since my Mom doesn't read my blog, I can tell you that this is her Birthday card. I ordered this Magnolia horse sometime ago and then went in search of the Tilda to go with him. These stamps will get quite a bit of use as there are quite a few "horsey" people in my family!

Be sure to stop by and visit my fellow DT members (listed on my sidebar) and get their take on this yummy recipe!

Well, after two days working out of town on Monday & Tuesday this week, I have to go to Toronto for the day on Thursday - so since Friday is a PA day and my Mom's Birthday, I decided to let my boys play "hookey" from school on Thursday. We are flying down very early in the morning (READ - arrive at airport by 5:30 am - ick!) so that I can get to my meeting in time and my fabulous parents will meet us at Pearson International when the plane lands just after 8 am. (An early morning for them as well since they live about two hours from the city.) They will scoop up my boys and whisk them away to something fun for the day and come back for me at the end of the day. We will then head home to the small town where I grew up and hang out with "the fam" for the weekend - I am so looking forward to it! I have't been "home" since the summer and that was only for one night!

We hear there is an awesome Harry Potter Exhibit at the Science Centre, so there is a good chance my parents will take boys to that while I'm working...I am a little jealous that I won't get to see it, but I'm a big girl after all!

I am entering my card into the challenge over at Just Magnolia - Anything goes! These images were so fun to work with!

Oh, and here is the inside of my card. This sentiment and barrel is from a great set I won recently from Clear Dollar Stamps! I am going to have so much fun with this set!

I had so much fun playing with some of the new My Mind's Eye Papers I picked up at DAT'S a couple of weeks ago. I love playing with paper soon after I lay my eyes & hands on it, but it rarely happens. In this case, I needed patterned paper for the challenge and I needed a Bday card for Mom! Happy Birthday Mom! I won't have to mail this one as I'll get to hand deliver it - that doesn't happen too often!


Have a great day! I'll be back tommorrow with this week's challenge for Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge!


Shanna :)


What I used:
stamps: Magnolia, Clear Dollar Stamps
papers: MME - Quite Contrary
embellishments: Kaiser rhinestones, prima flowers
copics: R81, R83, C3, 0, E00, Yr0000, E31, E34, E29, E37, E39

12 comments:

  1. I just love your Tilda with horse! perfectly colored and matched with great papers and sentiment! the stitching is a nice touch too!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. I love her with the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I love your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card.. the dark boots/hoofs etc really pop and the papers are fab! enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card, the stitching looks great. Enjoy your trip away!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, your layout and colour choice is fabulous! I love the paper too. Have a great visit with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card, love thise sweet Magnolias, hope you have a great trip next week! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card & I just love the horse stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love this color combo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, such wonderful detail and fabulous choice of papers! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card! I didn't know you were Canadian, eh? I used to live in London...a couple hours over from T.O.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous card,fab image and lovely colours thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)