Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Read on!

This is a layout I completed when I managed to carve out some time to scrap with some friends over the Easter weekend. It has been quite awhile since I've done a two-page spread....I actually did the journalling for this one nearly a year ago when I was in the mood and saved it on my desktop until I finally got to put it on a layout. I think I'll do that more often - confession - I am really bad at working on a layout and saying to myself, hey - where will I fit the journalling?? And sometimes, I just don't even journal! Oh well! I made up for it a bit on this one as I was really long-winded! If you really want to read what I wrote, you can click on the image.

I have always tried to foster a love of books in my boys and I think that so far I have achieved that goal as I watch my eight year old read Harry Potter - he is on the fifth book "The order of the Phoenix." He rec'd the Inkheart series for his Birthday, so that will probably be next. Can you tell I am just a little proud of my "bookworm"? This is a scheduled post as I am travelling the rest of this week. It is doubtful that I will be able to visit much until the weekend, but hopefully will be able to catch up when I'm back.

Most supplies are from K& Co. Hopscotch line. The alphabet is CTMH stamped in Autumn Terracota ink.

Have a great day!
Shanna :)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful layout! Love all the journaling! GREAT job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, love all the reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout!!! I love the journaling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great layout and beautiful journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get in gear and start scrapbooking! We really want Carver to love to read too... the problem is... I hate it! Pray for me please! :) We read on a semi-regular basis. I need to just set books out every night to read the next day.. hmmm... maybe I will do that. That way it will be a reminder everyday! Thanks for the advice... ha! :) Oh.. your pages look great and so do the cards above this!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)