Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to you!

Here is my take on the sketch over at Friday Sketchers a few weeks ago. I think this is one of the last ones I have using that Imaginsce paper line. I couldn't post it at first as it was going to someone who reads my blog. :)

It is Thursday, so tonight I'll be madly practicing piano to make up for what I should have been doing on a daily basis. Actually, it's been going quite well. I'm happy to announce that I now know how to play F+ (B flat) and G+ (F sharp) and just started in C position last week - not bad for a novice only playing for five months, lol.

I plan to be back Friday with another card.

Shanna :)


What I used:

papers: Imaginisce - All kinds of happy


stamps: Whipper Snapper, CTMH

7 comments:

  1. Really cute, love how the paper is layered with the image and ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I was going to say exactly what snappy scrappy said, but she beat me to it. So, to be different, I love how you did the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is super cute....love all the elements. Most especially, though, I'm jealous that you're learning piano. I've always wanted to learn - but I have zero patience, and am an "instant gratification" type of person. If I can't play like Beethoven in a week - forget it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous and even nicer in real life with all its decorated inside! It is still on my mantlepiece now!
    I'm not around blogland much at the moment, nothing wrong but just no time at the moment. I'm busy with orders and both kids are off school this week which does not make for a productive Me! Was hoping to start the book this week but I'm an all or nothing reader and when I start a book it doesn't get put down until it's finished so I need a clear run!
    No it's not Sweet Cheeks in my card (I own Cheeky Chops!) I take it you must have met the fabulous Fluff then?!
    Good luck with the piano practice, well done you for being able to pick up a new skill in adulthood. I just cannot read two lines of music at once so after giving up
    piano I opted for the "easier" option of the flute......it didn't last as I had the most revolting teacher who used to let her flute dribble onto my shoulder and if i moved so did she. I would be soaked after an hour. Eeeew gross!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeuw, Loops flute teacher is gross! I cannot for the life of me play the piano, I can't make one hand do the opposite to the other, or in fact make them both do something different at the same time, so well done you! As for this card, what a cutie. I could just eat that cupcake right now. It looks great with the fabby stripey paper too. You could enter this at this weeks Cupcake challenge...?!
    Hugs
    xxx
    P.S. All moved and sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours, and the icing on his hands! So sweet... (literally!) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)