Saturday, September 17, 2011

Congratulations

Good evening!
Tonight I would like to share a card I made when playing around with the September stamp of the month "Limited E
dition" and my newest set of nesties called "Blossom Three". The Camden papers have also been hanging around the stash for awhile untouched, so thought I'd play with these as well.

Though I find the Sept SOM to be more for scrapbooking, I wanted to try to make a card using some of its elements. Here is what I came up with.


I gave the flower dimension and an "aged" or distressed sort of look. I cut out all the layers, took each and lightly sprayed with a mister, crumpled them up in my hand literally, then flattened them out and let them dry. This is a fun technique that most of you have probably tried before, but I'm mentioning how I did it in case you have never tried. It's fun and I do like the effect.


Now that the card is put together, I wish I had made the card base slightly smaller - oh well, too late now. I do like how the flower turned out and will have to play with this technique again. I did end up adding some dark blue pearls in the corners, that seemed to help a bit.

I am going to share this at Paper Sundaes where they are looking to see how we finish the inside of our cards.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


Shanna :)


What I used:

stamps: S1109 Special Edition - CTMH Sept SOM, D1388 Card Chatter-Christmas (inside sentiment)
papers: 7 gypsies "Camden" - available at DAT'S
tools: Spellbinders "Blossom three", border punch, EK success fastenater

3 comments:

  1. This flower is awesome. I love your DP. Thanks for joining the Paper Sundaes challenge and hope to see you play tomorrow's challenge!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card love that flower thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this card Shanna. Love the idea. Thanks for sharing.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)