Sunday, September 4, 2011

Follow your dreams....

Hello! Thanks for stopping by!

I have been busy preparing for the Charity Pyjama party next weekend! (for more info, scroll down to my last post). The best part is playing with new stuff and making samples! I have lots more Christmas cards to show you, but I thought I should change it up a bit and share this fun "Back to School" card I made using lots of fun new stash!
I actually played with four different sets to make this card. The "follow your dreams" quote is from the "Pair-a-phrase" double set that is part of the promo for National Cardmaking Month. When you place an order of $ 82.00 or more before taxes and shipping, you earn this double set (two D sized stamp sets) for FREE!

The "shadow stamp" of the children walking to school as well as the A+ and the school bus are from "School Rocks". The "Wishing you Well" sentiment is from an old reliable set called "Say it in style".

Here is the inside. The ABCD.... stamp is from "Vintage Type" D1481.

I am sharing my card over at Crazy 4 Challenges where the theme this round is "Back to School." The theme this week at If the Shoe fits is also Back to School, so I'll share over there as well. :)

And finally, it's that time of year.....my sunflowers are finally blooming. They always seem to take forever, but it is always worth the wait, don't you agree?



I love the colouring of this one, I believe the variety is "Velvet Queen".
Ciao for now,
I'll be back tomorrow with more craftiness,
Shanna :)

p.s. If anyone is interested in some more photos from our trip to the East Coast, my son has started posting them on his blog "The Bookworm's Apprentice" here. He would love it (and so would I) if you have a moment to stop by and leave some love. I am hoping he will be encouraged and keep posting. :) Thanks a bunch!

What I used:
stamps sets all from CTMH
D1481 Vintage Type
B1396 School Rocks
D1283 Say It In Style
Pair-a-phrase Promo set CC1014
papers: imaginisce - currently available at DAT'S


4 comments:

  1. i love the back to school card, so many cool things, like the torn paper punch and ruler ribbon.

    thanks for the Birthday wishes for my little man :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love love love your sunflowers! You make me want to garden =). I love the card - the image is really sweet! Thanks so much for playing with us at "The Shoe"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!! Just got back from Western...my baby's GONE!! She is at Medway...thought you'd like to know as this is your old stomping ground! ps...thanks for the b-day gift too!
    Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)