Sunday, March 22, 2009

8x8 Baby Album pages













Lately, whenever a fellow scrapbooker has a baby, a group of us have been combining our efforts and making a Baby Album. We each choose 2 or 3 months to complete depending on how many of us are contributing. The idea is to provide room for photos on one side of the layout and a calendar on the others side where Mom can document special moments and "firsts".


In this case, the baby was a girl! Girly albums are fun for me because I have two boys. Ooh, I had fun with this one! This time around, I was responsible for the Title page, the Final page, the Baby's first Birthday month (Feb 2010) and August.

The title page and final page are included in this post. The others I will post later. For both of these layouts, I used the new Alissa line from Bo Bunny. So nice - and I must admit, I wouldn't have purchased if it weren't for this project - but so glad I did as I'm having fun using the scraps on cards!


On the title page, I also used some black, blush & baby pink CS and a chipboard "H" from CTMH. I used black grosgrain ribbon & the new boarder punch from SU. Flowers are by Prima & CTMH. The flower "journal" spot is a stamp by Prima. I covered the chipboard "H" with matching paper and embellished with some bling.I was so scared to use black on the title page of a baby album, but love the way it turned out.


On the final page, I added some Bo Bunny polkadot ribbon and some hidden journaling behind the spot for the photo. I also added a little bling (icons by Me & my big ideas) in each corner of the layout. Thanks for looking!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)