Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to my spring "baby"!





I can hardly believe my firstborn is seven! I remember those first few days as a Mom like they were yesterday - the excitement, the frustration in learning how to nurse, being sad because he had to be "under the lights" with no clothes on due to jaundice, and having to stay in hospital two days longer until the jaundice cleared up, my hubby passing out chocolate Easter eggs to all the nurses - we had great nurses and it was almost Easter. I remember saying "I just want to take my baby home and put clothes on him!" I remember crying when I walked in the house, I was just so happy to be home! Wow, do they ever grow up fast.... at seven he has become a great little reader and is learning to play piano and loving it. He just finished soccer season a couple of weeks ago and wants to try gymnastics next. He was mesmerized watching some older boys on the pommel horse and uneven bars when we attended a "gymnastics Birthday party" for a friend a few weeks back, and it's not the first time he has shown an interest, so we are going to give it a try.

Anyhow, about the card... I just got my hands on a few new stamps from Stampendous and decided the Changito Baker set would work perfectly for his Birthday Card. I based the layout on Taylor's Sketch TECC57. I love this sketch and can see using it lots! CS is CTMH in black, holiday red and dutch blue. Background stamps are from the CTMH Spot on Backgrounds set and the sentiment is from CTMH Happy Birthday set. I used liquid applique on the icing for the cake. I decided to show the inside of the card. I have always done a little something on the inside, but lately have been inspired to put in a little extra effort after looking at the work of others. Thanks for all your ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Great card...the inside looks so nice it could be a card all in itself! Love the background stamp, give the card some real texture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)