Saturday, July 31, 2010

Maybe a cupcake would help?

Good morning!
Yesterday, I got around to photographing some of my projects from my petite Escape to MN so now I can start sharing them with you!


This card was made with a particular friend in mind since she loves pink and Donna and I had found this fantastic little journal when perusing at Chapters that said "Eat a cupcake and Relax" - it just screamed her name! I have had the sentiment stamp "Maybe a cupcake will help?" for ages and hadn't managed to ink it yet, so this was perfect, especially since our friend had a recent lengthy hospital stay.

I had some fun with the inside of this one too!

The fabric I used on this card is a sampling of what Donna and I picked up at one of the fabulous little quilt shops we visited in MN. Isn't that brown polka dot the cutest? We also learned how to go about "stiffening" the fabric to make it easier to work with (or put through a Cuttlebug - that is Monday's card...) - so happy to have figured this out! We purchased a yard of "bonding" material to play with and it worked like magic. I only wish I could recall the specific name of the one we purchased since the lady who helped us mentioned several options and at the same time, we we overwhelmed with the huge choice of fabrics available!
I am entering this in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Going Dotty
They are also looking for Prima flowers and I used those too!


Thanks for stopping by today and for all your comments while I was away. I did a little bit of visiting, but still have catching up to do. Hope you have a fantastic weekend!
Cheers,

Shanna :)

What I used:
stamps: sentiment - Inkadinkado, Journal lines inside - CTMH Comments, Tiny cupcake - SU
papers: Kraft, Bo Bunny, fabric
embellishments: Prima flowers, Bella Bling, SU ribbon
tools: distressing tool, SU notebook punch

15 comments:

  1. Wow, I love it, love the distressing too. I have one question, WHEN DOESN'T A CUPCAKE HELP?(especially if it's chocolate)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..this amazing...that cupcake looks so yummy!!

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love this card. Who wouldn't love the fabric cupcake, but I love how you did up the inside of the card. It's absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the fabric on the cupcake - fantastic card :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabric for the top of the cupcake! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow love your cupcake... thanks for playing along with Craftycatz, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh Oooooh OooooH! I LOVE it!! That fabric is fantastic and I love anything with cupcakes on! ( i find that as a general rule a cupcake always helps!!)
    Linds xx
    Oh yes, forgot to say, "thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz" this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!!! Sure K will too. I think the stuff you are talking about is "Wonder Under". We use it in quilting to make fabric stiff and easier to adhere. I really like the little touches inside the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is super sweet, luv the cupcake...have a fantastic day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a darling card! Love how you used fabric on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great notebook, Shanna! I am in love with your chocolate cupcake! That fabric is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card. Love the cupcake - brilliant
    Hugs
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card, love the cupcake with it's spotty icing and great work with the fabric.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card and inside too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)