Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day








Here are the cards I made this year for Father's Day. The first was for my husband. I used a super cute image from High Hopes that I rec'd on the Canadian Swap thread at Splitcoast. This is my interpretation of Mojo Monday Sketch #75. I had so much fun coloring this image. (My hubby and two boys are avid fishermen, so it fit perfectly!) The sentiment on the outside is from CTMH and the inside is from Stampendous. Believe it or not, the DSP is scrap from my stash so I cannot remember where it is from, but it was one of my favorites.
The second card was for my Dad and I have to admit this is not my best work. I was having a hard time getting my mojo back and this was the first one I'd made in awhile. It didn't help that I was under pressure to get it done and in the mail. However, I struggled so much with it that it was sent super late and he probably won't receive it until this Thursday! In retrospect, I think one of the biggest problems was that I had stamped Beerafella on white CS rather than on off-white, and just maybe I was trying too hard to use the cool "fun Father Words" paper from my stash. Oh well, I guess you can't love them all! (But, lesson learned, I'll try not to leave it so late next year and avoid the whole pressure thing!)
Thanks, by the way, for all your encouraging comments, it is so fun to read what people have to say! I know there are some lurkers out there, and that is okay too - except for you Sis! Hey, Kris if you are reading this, let me know you've visited me! If you don't, I love you anyhow and I'll talk to you soon! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

13 comments:

  1. Very cute cards!! Wonderful layouts and coloring. Cherish everyday you have with your Dad!!
    This was my first year without mine :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are terrific father's day cards. I really like the color combo and that fun patterned paper on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness, the High Hopes is absolutely STUNNING! Your choice of colors and the image colored so beautifully - wow! I bet this was a winner at your house :) They are all terrific!
    (btw, loved the Jodi Sister's Keeper - it's an amazing book!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the little fisher dude!!! Too Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great Father's Day cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards! they're all so fun and the layouts are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your first card! The colors are so great and that image is adorable. Not to say I didn't love the other one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabulous card I've seen tonight!!! GREAT JOB!!! I love the deep dark colors!!! Isn't High Hopes stamps wonderful...love it
    TFS!!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards, the papers are gorgeous and I love the image you have used. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are wonderful cards.. ive been on a kick with that high hopes image/stamp too.. and recently posted a card on my blog too..that image is just so sweet...isnt it? TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these are so cool! Love the fishing one especially, that DSP is awesome! I know both your dh and your Dad enjoyed receiving them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)