Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hay there!


Hello! I think I might have my mojo back - kinda sorta maybe, here goes...




This is my little brother's bday card. This week's inspiration photo at Inspired By was perfect to get things rolling. I already knew I wanted to use a horsey theme, I just had to pick out papers. These new Dakota papers from CTMH fit the bill perfectly and there was even a tweed pattern!!! I especially love the rope stamp that was included in stamp set from the Dakota Workshop on the Go. The horseshoe is from a retired set as well as the belated birthday greeting.



Below is another version of the card using a different spellbinder and a slightly different design.
I would like to share my card as well at Just us Girls where the challenge is to use "line art" with no colouring.

I hope you've had a fantastic weekend! I hope to be around for a visit soon.

Shanna :)
What I used:
papers: CTMH Dakota workshop on the go
horse stamp & sentiment - CTMH retired
CTMH Durables round Z1706
spellbinders: Labels 15 and 22
circle punch for corners
paper wire

6 comments:

  1. Great card...I'm not generally a fan of horses on anything...not on art, clothing etc...I like the real thing...just not renditions of it...That being said...love the card design and the papers...especially the PUN...as you know...they are my favs! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great card, love the tweed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card, love the horse image, great design!
    debxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! Thanks for joining in at JUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great horse card :) Any horse lover would love receiving it. Thanks for joining us at JUGS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hee hee, cute play on words, and I really like how you finished this off including the interior too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)