Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm back with some Christmas Cards





Wow, sorry I've been away so long! I had another surgery and had no idea how crumby I would feel after. This time around, doc said I needed one week to recover, so I figured it would be no big deal - was I ever wrong! Surgery was on the 13th and I'm just finally feeling like myself again two weeks later!
Once again, a big thank you goes out to my friends and family for all their help. I truly couldn't have managed without you all! Donna drove me to the hospital and waited with me while the nurse did a botch job on my IV (I'm actually afraid of getting IV's now.....) and Danielle picked me up later that evening - very loopy and in a lot of pain (me, not Danielle LOL) - and stayed with me until hubby got home. (I was calling her "nurse" because at once point I had to ask for a drink, a cold cloth and a bucket!) Thank goodness my parents had found a seat sale and arrived early the next morning as their help was much needed over that long weekend.... I'm really hoping that I won't have to do that again anytime soon...
Anyhow, about my cards. I am posting these for Sparkle's Christmas Card challenge. This week the challenge was to use your favourite Christmas stamps - these little guys are my most recent faves from CTMH - from the set "Merry Pursuits". The second photo is of the inside. The DSP is called Musk from All my memories and seemed the perfect colors for these little cuties. Of course, I had to use my SU border punches, can't get enough of them. The sentiment is also CTMH. I like these ones enough that I will probably make up a few more to add to the slowly growing pile.
Thanks for looking, hoping to post again soon!

6 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm loving those little elves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the elf card, it is too cute! Hope you are soon feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you continue to feel better each day. Those cards are great and those elves are the cutest stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Christmas cards! You're putting me to shame...I joined a challenge group specifically for Christmas cards and I haven't completed 1 yet!

    Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great cards! Now, I need to go make some Christmas cards! I hope you will be feeling back to yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute these are!!! Love the images you used on them!!

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)