Sunday, May 16, 2010

Paper Sundaes & Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge

Happy Sundae! Thanks for stopping by! I haven't been around much because I worked out of town this week, came home with a cold and am just getting back into the swing of things.

This week, I decided to do something different and combine Paper Sundaes with Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge. Since both teams post on Sundays, I usually post my Christmas Card on Mondays, but this week I was able to make them one.

The challenge at Paper Sundaes this week is to make an Easel Card. I love these and couldn't believe how easy they were to make once I tried once back before Christmas. Our sponsor is Magnolia-licious!

Sparkle's Challenge this week is to use Snowmen. Lucky me, I had this adorable Magnolia snowman in my stash of stamped images just waiting for me to color him! (Thanks Danderella!)



After several attempts at photographing this, I decided to head out to the garden for better lighting. I had some fun with my new embossing folders - I know, they've been around forever, but I only got my Bug awhile ago and haven't had much opportunity to play! I sure hope you will have a chance to play along with one or both challenges this week!

Shanna :)


What I used:

stamps: Magnolia, SU, Hero Arts
papers: MME, CTMH Spring Iris, Kiwi, Petal
embellishments: snowflakes embossing folder, diamond stickles, misc buttos, CTMH ribbon, MME rub-ons
copics: V0000, V91, V93, V95, V15, C00, BV04

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo oooo oooo! Love easel cards at the moment! This is just beautiful, love the embossing (am also having that phase at the mo!) Great colours too. You will be sorted by Christmas! I envy you organised types, I always have good intentions but my friends and family are lucky if they get a shop bought card by New Years Eve!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, and the embossing does add a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute- I love the Magnolia snowmen! Perfect papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That snowman is absolutely adorable! Great job combining challenges. Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that snowman! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)