Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Peace on Earth

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for all your kind comments on yesterday's post. It is such a fun sketch that I had to play again last night! Trouble is, hubby has my camera, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to post another take on this week's challenge at Less is More. That's okay though, because I have these to share today. Awhile back, I posted this card that seemed to lend itself well to duplication and a reader's comment about mass production got me to thinking - hmmm, needing lots of cards for Christmas still........ these are what I came up with. The stripe on the first version is a little wider since I wanted to include the red bit, but then I found the strip a bit too fat and made the second version slightly different. Though a little more involved than the card is was modelled after, this one is still simple enough to work at while yaking with the girls, allowing me to make several in one sitting. So, I plan to make 10 or 12 more of these.
I'm going to enter this over at Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenges. I'm so happy to now have 30 Christmas cards! Cheers to cards that aren't too much trouble to duplicate!

Off to read bedtime story - hmmm, tonight maybe it will be Froggy...


Shanna :)



What I used:

papers: St. Nick Collection

embellishments: new CTMH buttons

ink: CTMH Olive stamp: CTMH Peach on Earth - D1243

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the buttons on the trees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a mass production card...too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Shanna! WTG on having so many Christmas cards done, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this card. You know me, I always tell you mass produce, mass produce. You will be done all your christmas card before June!! GReat card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! Love the sweet simplicity of the design. Thanks for joining us on the Christmas Card Challenge blog this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)