Monday, September 12, 2011

Good Luck in Grade Two!

Hello Monday!
The challenge this week over at Cupcake Craft is "Back to School" - hooray! I am thrilled to report that both Chester and Pickle Pants are okay with being back - Pickle Pants is even saying "I LOVE school!" We'll see how long that lasts - but for the time being, I am one happy Mama!


With the first week of school (all three days) over with, things start to really get busy this week. I hit the road for three days, returning Thursday just in time for "Meet the teacher" night. Piano starts up this week. The boys both have their lessons at school - awesome! ( we just have to remember to pack the books!) Mine will be in the evening, which will make for a busy day this Thursday. The boys have decided to try Tae Kwon Do, but we are going to wait until October to get started once everything else has become part of the routine and I get a couple more work trips out of the way. Fall is prime travel time and it is often difficult to decide which way to "jump" first.

Since I paid some attention to the inside of this one, I'm also going to share it at Paper Sundaes where the current challenge is to finish the inside of your cards!

I must admit I have had a fun time participating in these fun back to school challenges. I don't usually do too many school-themed cards unless they are thank yous for teachers, but since I had this great new CTMH set, I just had to play some more!

Well, we were gifted with what I like to call a "bonus" summer weekend. Lucky us, we spent Friday night at a BBQ enjoying the outdoors and Saturday afternoon hanging with friends at the local KOA which included swimming and a hot dog roast! So awesome for the boys to be able to sneak in an extra weekend of summer stuff! That was very likely the last outdoor swim of the season, but I'm sure glad we did it! It was a very relaxing afternoon. The kiddos even had a "leech experience". The girls were most upset about this, but the boys not so much - I now have a leech living in a tin can beside Pickle Pants' bed!!!! lol I had to make him move it when he went to bed last night lest it end up sleeping with him!

Best run and work on the "to do" list!
Shanna :)

9 comments:

  1. Great cards.Thanks for joining us at cupcakes this week and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! ps I loved all your projects at the Charity stamp party...so inspiring!
    Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Shanna! I love how you did the inside. Glad the kids are happy to be back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job on the inside,very nice card. Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card - as all the cards your showed at the Charity Stamping Event!! I love that they are were stamped on coloured paper and there was no need for colouring, yet the effect was still there! You provided a lot of inspiration!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! I love the image and all the elements that remind us about school! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love how you used the typewriter alphabet on the inside, great idea! Thanks for joining in this week at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work, a great back to school project. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)