Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy Holidays from Santa

Hello Sunday!
Where did the week go???

All week I have been wanting to work on this card. I have never pulled apart a book to use on a card, though I've purchased many from thrift stores or yard sales with exactly that in mind. You see, I LOVE books and when it came to actually ripping a page out, it pained me! lol


Well, this week's Textalicious challenge over at Cupcake Crafts gave me the push I needed to finally rip the page out of a dictionary I paid $1.00 for last spring. Only thing was, when I got the page with the Santa Claus entry pulled out of there I was concerned about only having the one page, so I decided to copy it on my printer. Brain wave! This way, if I want to use the same text from the same page again to duplicate a card or project, I can do it!


Okay, enough babbling! Besides the Textalicious challenge, my card is also for Christmas Card challenges and If the Shoe Fits - try something new. The other different and new thing I did on this card (besides ripping apart a dictionary), was to use a ready made image - I picked up a whole big bunch of these "coasters" from the dollar store a few years ago and have used them a few times as gift tags, but never on a card. I found them a few days ago and thought hmmm, these would work on a card...whatdya think?

Oh yes, I did do some ink distressing along the edges of the blue paper and the text and pulled out the Tattered Angels glimmer mist and got inky too!

Hope you are having a great weekend!
Cheers,
Shanna :)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love the blue card base and of course the Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet!! Love the blue paper and pearls - what a neat idea using paper from a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shanna, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and beautiful details. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just perfect for our Textalicious challenge! I adore the colours & vintage image! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake, Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of using old books to add texture and dimension, although I am not sure I could do it either! Must work on the courage as it makes it such a lovely accent to the focal point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card..love the layers! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous...love the way you used that page.
    Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thanks for joining this week's CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, fabulous card, love the text paper, many thanks for joining our textalicious challenge at Cupcake Craft.

    (I'm late with the comment, but checked your fab work with my smart phone!)

    Love
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)