Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

One more Valentine, this one is for Donna


I was lucky enough spend my entire day croppin' with a fabulous bunch of girlfriends! Can't wait to share some of the projects I managed to get done.

In other news, I have been having a blast participating in "A month of letters" challenge. The idea is to send snail mail every business day in February. It hasn't been too difficult to manage so far since I sent decided to send a few Valentine's and a couple of postcards in addition to the birthday cards that I was already planning to send. I did cheat a bit, mailing a few Valentines on the same day at the beginning of this week so they would arrive in time. I truly love this idea, as it necessitates slowing down long enough to really think of a friend of family member and connect with them via the good, old-fashioned pen! Click on over to read the brief description of how it all started. This was right up my alley, so I decided to take on the challenge! 
Here are a couple of the letters I sent. One is a Valentine for my nephew (who is 2 1/2) which also contains a mini version of "Thomas' Snowsuit" by Robert Munsch. My boys loved Munsch and I loved having the mini versions in my bag or purse when travelling or anytime we had to wait somewhere. At Christmas time, I sent him the mini version of "Red is Best." I am hoping to get him hooked on snail mail at a young age, lol! Bills in the mailbox are just so boring! I am determined that the boys in my family are at least going to know HOW to write and mail a letter, even if it doesn't happen frequently.


Thanks for stopping by! I will be back tomorrow with a project I made at the crop!

Shanna :)


1 comment:

  1. Great card for Donna...so pretty!!! Glad that You had fun yesterday...I'll be there with bells on in March....can't wait. As for snail mail...I always mail cards to Tanis' kids and my nephew...I used to love getting mail when I was little...I'm sure your nephew will too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)