Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Owl

Happy Friday! Here is another owl card. I saw the idea for using a real twig in an issue of Paper Crafts a few months ago and just had to try it out. When I finally got around to it, this is what I came up with. The papers are Basic Grey and I also added some Bella Bling. The owl is from CTMH's "You're a Hoot". I also used my sewing machine on this one as it seemed to need a little something.

My boys have been spending time with their Nannie & Papa as well as their Aunt and Uncles this last week and a half and from what I hear, they have been having a lot of fun! They fly back home tonight with my sister and brother-in-law. It was a nice little break (read very little cooking and half the laundry!), but we miss them and can't wait to see them tonight. It will be nice to have a visit with my Sister and brother-in-law as well since he has only been to our place once before.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Shanna

11 comments:

  1. How sweet! I love the dark colors and the owl is just to cute!! great job!! TFS!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too flippin CUTE! I love the twig.
    Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. What a great idea to use a real twig for the owl to be sitting on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owl's are so cute. I love your card. It is such a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. The colours are fantastic, the details are great (sewing, bling, real twig) and we love our owls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, how cute is that! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card and nice layout Shanna! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally grooving on your twig and owl - great card :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shanna...super cute card! LOVE that idea of bring the woods to your card! :) Looks fab! Love all the texture that your DP adds too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! I like the paper you used and that owl is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)