Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Twilight Tueday Inspriation Challenge

I just recently found Twilight Tuesday Challenge Blog and sadly this is their last inspiration challenge. This week's theme is "Love of books, the printed words on a page". Since I needed a masculine Birthday card and the card is actually for a farmer, I pulled out "My Farm" from CTMH and put this together. The sentiment is from "Down on the Farm". The patterned paper is actually an old paper bag I kept from a gift store purchase years ago and found recently. I had fun crumpling it up, flattening it back out, distressing the edges and inking it up before using it as my background image. My spritzer tool from SU was "screaming" to be used for this one and I love how it turned out. I also used some Bella bling and twine to embellish a little.
I couldn't resist using the barbed wire stamp from "My Farm" to frame in my sentiment on the inside. I was happy enough with this one that I actually made two! (Yes, I grew up in farm country and was raised on beef! lol)
I am sorry to see Twilight Tuesdays come to an end, but like they say, "All good things must come to an end." Be sure to go check it out, they are offering up a super fun prize - especially if you are a fan.... :)
Nighty night,
Shanna
Hope you are having a great week!
Shanna :)

6 comments:

  1. What a great card... love the texture and the details.. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great depth to this card - love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What great use of the printed background! The texture and colors of it is perfect! Beautiful! And *thank you* for participating in our farewell challenge at TwiTuesday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card...so rare to see such great masculine cards. Love the scheme and LO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! what an awesome card!!! LOVE what you did with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shanna, your card is just AWESOME! Love the barbed wire, thanks so much for playing along with us at Twilight Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)