Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday from Lenny



Today I have a more masculine card to share. I've been doing some rather girly stuff lately, and thought I should change it up a bit.
I was inspired to make this card when I visited Kristine at Ink Something and saw the KLSNS Challenge. There is actually a day called "Appreciate a Dragon Day" - makes me think of Hagrid in Harry Potter (I'm halfway through the series). In honor of this , the challenge this week is to use a dragon/reptile on your card or a texture that resembles scales etc. When I saw this, I realized I had this cute image called "Lenny's Love me nots" (High Hopes) from an image swap a long time back. I pulled out some boyish papers and this is what I came up with, with a little inspiration from a Mojo Monday sketch from last year (#108). I used that fun "spritzer" tool from SU to add some interest to the white space around Lenny - I LOVE this tool - can't get enough of it!
It was approved by my five year old son who laughed out loud when he saw it and said "He, he, it looks like he's gonna eat the birdie!"

I am also going to enter my card in this week's challenge for a new Challenge Blog called "Raise the Bar" that I learned about over at Sparkle's Creations. The challenge this week is to use something new. Well, I received all that fabulous Bella Bling for Christmas from my boys who picked it out (along with some great stamps and other things) all by themselves when the went shopping for me at our LSS - DAT'S Scrapbooking. Ok, well they "might" have had a little bit of help from my fabulous friend Donna (who evidently owns the store) and her daughter. Thanks girls - you provided good guidance!

I am headed for bed, have a great night!

Shanna

What I used:

stamps: Lenny's Love me nots (High Hopes), Happy Bday - SU, sentiment - CTMH

papers: Basic Grey - Skate Shoppe, bazzil

emebellishments: Bella Bling, machine stitching

13 comments:

  1. What terrific colors!! Love this lenny dragon! Thanks for joining in our challenge again at KL Stampin N Scrappin! Hugs, Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanna this card is so cute...I love how the dragon and the bird are the bestest friends...I know what you mean girly cards are so easy to make..That is because pretty, bright,cute papers are so easy to buy lol..

    Thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that spritzer tool too - I thought I was practically the only person that used it. . .;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card...things are "calm" here for now. Tonight won't be any good, but I'll need some girl time by the weekend. Plus, I have those stamps to share. Perhaps we can get together for a bit...lets chat. I'll call you when I have a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love the dragon - great card :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, I love this cute image which your have coloured perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh ... how cute is this image!! Great card creation! We're so glad you joined us over at Raise The Bar and hope you'll come back again this week for even more fun!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fantastic layout....I sketched it and put it in my layout book :) I love the idea of a dragon card, although I have to say that I would need to find a dragon stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Shanna what perfect bling to debut with that adorable dragon image! Love all the boy colors, this card matches your blog quite well I might add. heehee! And that dragon eating the birdie? Hmmm...he looks awfully suspicious. ;) Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super cute card Shanna! Lenny is adorable and I love your detailing! Thank you for participating with the KLSNS Challenge, we truly appreciate it!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)