Monday, January 25, 2010

Thank you for your kindness

I love polkadots! So, when I walked by a consignment store on my way to do groceries on Friday and saw a big pile of fabric I just had to stop - and this is one of the many (very inexpensive) fabrics I found. Oh, I was so excited. I admit I love a bargain, especially if it is something I can play with in my craftroom! So, I came home with probably about 10 different fabrics, in varying colors and sizes and paid a whopping $4.00 for the whole lot. Woo hoo, that was fun!

I've been wanting to put some more fabric on my projects, so pulled out this polka dot as soon as I had a chance and started playing. I was inspired by this set of cards at MADE. Dana's work is so inspiring - she is always "reminding" me to use my sewing machine and even makes me want to sew clothes!!! Hmm, well that requires a little more work than these cards I dare say.
Anyhow, I am entering this card in the challenge over at Allsorts as they are looking for Hearts & flowers this week. I'll be back again tomorrow (so long as my scheduled post works!) as I have a few more challenge cards ready to go this week.
Wishing you a happy start to your work week!
Shanna :)
What I used:
stamps: CTMH - Thank You & February Word puzzle
papers: Kraft CS & dark brown bazzil
embellishments: machine stitching, prima flowers, misc button
ink: cocoa CTMH
tools: CTMH edge distresser

11 comments:

  1. Ooohhh I love a bargain too!! I just made a haul video on my finds at the thrift stores last week. That dotted heart is just so fab!!! You did a great job "spotting" the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card turned out great. Great use of fabric! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lovely card! Love how you have used the fab polka dot fabric.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of some fun fabric! I keep meaning to try fabric and machine stitching on cards, but haven't pulled out my machine. You may have just inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are fabulous! I envy that you machine stitched; I love the look! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHH my gosh!!! LOVE this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, love the inside of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that card - that fabric was an awesome deal :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of these days I'm going to learn how to use fabric/stitching on my card - This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous card great use of fabric...x

    thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)