Sunday, March 17, 2013

Smashing Travel journal - installment two

It has been a really busy week. I had a feeling I wouldn't be hanging out in blog land very much and I was right. I finally shot a few more pics of my travel smash book. Here are the next few pages!

More photos from our first day, the travel day. For now, I just slid in postcards etc into the photo sleeves.



The view from the mountain tops were AMAZING and breathtaking! My favourite part of the whole trip was the fabulous views!

I was surprised to see a coffee bistro serving Starbuck's in the lobby of our hotel! Treated myself to a chai latte that first day we were there. The pic of the chair lift pole looks odd, but it is significant because of the sign. We were skiing that day at Sunshine Mountain (in Alberta) - that sign says "Welcome to beautiful British Columbia" and two poles later there is a sign that says "Welcome back to sunny Alberta" - too funny to go to BC and back on a chairlift, lol!

The photo of the boys in the hotel room playing on the bed was taken from the second story of our loft room, that is how I was able to take a photo from such an odd angle.

I will probably add some journalling to this last page. I thought it would be fun to add in trail maps of all the mountains we skied, this is the first one.


And last but not least, this is what has been keeping me busy this last week, besides doing stuff with my two boys who are on March Break and my sis who brought this guy to visit us! He is such a cutie patootie!


Have a fabulous day!
Shanna :)


4 comments:

  1. Love your smash book...awesome job!!
    Your nephew is such a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smash book turned out fabulous....very inspiring. I agree, your nephew is a cutie patootie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome journaling! I love the Smash idea..my daughter keeps one too. Have fun spending time with your sis and nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH!
    MY!
    GOSH!
    ♥♥♥shanna♥♥♥!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this came out sooooooooooooooooo flippin' AMAZINGLY! i love every single bit of it, i'd even consider trekking up there right now IN THE SNOW to get a shot at seeing it in person! loving all the "real life" bits (coffee sleeve, maps, etc) and "real life" photos showing the room, the guys, the bathrobes, etc, this is THE ULTIMATE travel journal, i bet your kids fight over who gets to look at it first each time you add stuff!! (ps: i love that there is content from the boys as well as you, that makes it such a FAMILY project, and all the more to be treasured!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)