Monday, January 30, 2012

Less is More sketch - With Gratitude

Hello!
It's a good day, because for the first time in what seems like forever, I've found time to enter not one, but two challenges!

The challenge over at Less is More this week is a fantastic sketch! I am super excited about this one as I see lots of opportunity for using up some of that fab patterned paper in my scrap bin to make some quick and simple cards. You will be seeing more of this sketch for sure!

I would also like to share this over at Cupcake where the challenge is to recycle something and use it on your card. This one is easy for me since I do this often. I love using ribbons, twine or tags from packaging over again on my cards - reduce, reuse, recycle! In this case, I reused the raffia from a gift. I am the geek that folds up all the reusable bits of tissue paper and gift wrap when everyone else is ripping open their presents! lol - they all laugh at me, but we all benefit in the end now don't we?

I am also the geek who composts and recycles almost everything in sight. I am currently on the lookout for the red worms that you can use for indoor winter composting. My two outdoor composters are very FULL and I don't relish walking out to it when it's -35, though I've done it several times - it's worth the effort since we put out way less garbage when we get really serious about the composting. Not to mention the benefit to our garden - you should have seen the jungle growing out there last summer! Ahh, well, I think I am rambling now...

I hope you are having a great week!
Shanna :)

11 comments:

  1. Simple but fabulous!!! It is a great sketch!! I actually had a part from inside a game controller I was going to use on my last card for a recycle challenge but it didn't end up working with what I decided to do. It's funny how you look at wrapping and ribbon differently once you become a scrapper (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a terrific card... the raffia looks perfect against that super paper.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, it's a great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card...I'm feeling some mass production. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the up-cycling you've done too. Fab use of colour hugs karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card
    I bought some raffia for aoproject thisweek, it looks fabulous here


    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Geek. I can't tell you how much I love, love, love this card. Did I mention I love it? Oh and thanks so much for joining our recycle challenge at Cupcake this week. Good Luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just PERFECT for a recycling challenge. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. keeley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty, pretty, pretty! LOVE the recycling touch too. Happy LIMing!
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great idea :) Thanks for joining us this week at Cupcake Crafts and good luck - Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)