Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Get outside and blow the stink off ya!!!

Thank goodness it's Wednesday! - the weekend cannot come soon enough here - why am I having such a hard time getting through this week?!? This head cold really kicked my butt, but I'm past the worst now and now I do believe I'm now kicking it, so enough whining from me! (This is a self-pep-talk, so don't mind me....) Time for a post! So, what's up with my blog title - well, the challenge over at Paper Sundaes this week is Childhood Memories - so bear with me while I explain....When I went on a little road trip with my parents and my boys two weekends ago, my favorite selfish stop on the way was a beautiful little quilt shop in Grand Marais. I had never been to this particular shop before, but when we arrived, I was thrilled to find a sign on the door indicating there was a "scrap sale" - well that certainly caught my interest!!! Thank goodness Papa was willing to sit in the car with the boys! Nanny and I picked through mounds of fabric scraps and found a plethora of wonderful scraps of material that will work perfectly on cars all for TEN bucks!!! Woo hooo! What a find! Anyhow, when I dumped out the bag a few days ago, I found a great little scrap with hiking boots on it and thought immediately of a great "hiking" themed CTMH set I got because I would use it someday....don't we all do that! Well, once I pulled out the fabric, the stamp set, and the twine, it just all came together. My mother used to tell the four of us (I have one sister and two brothers) to "get outside and blow the stink off us" when she thought we needed some fresh air - and I'm sure it somehow provided her with five minutes of quiet, until one of us scraped our knee or had to go pee! I must remember to ask her again where that phrase came from as I know she tells us that "so and so" used to say it to her and ther siblings as children. I think this makes my project fit perfectly with the challenge at Paper Sundaes. And since I incorporated twine, it also fits with the challenge at Wee Memories this week which is "Tangled Up - use any type of twine." I decided to make some letter-writing paper and a matching envelope as I wanted to use the hiking boot print and fun quote that also came as part of the set. Basic desgin all around, but it was a fun card to make. Can't wait to dig into more of that fabric scrap stash!!! I have enough to last me forever!
Hope you are having a good week!


Take Care,

Shanna



10 comments:

  1. Great card...I can't believe it...more fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Shanna! Sounds like a wonderful little store to hit. I love how you made the envelope and paper to match, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab scrap....what a fantastic find! Go Narna, go Narna! Doncha just love it when a card comes together?
    Hope you are feeling better soon and a little less "Loopy"! I'l let you into a secret.....I'm not really Loopy at all I just use it to mask my abnormal intellegence as I don't like to make people feel uncomfortable in my presence!!!! Ok so ya don't believe me ;-)
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply adorable! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes!
    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Banananananana! Loving this card, it just looks like it came together so well. Brilliant. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, and the whole set really. Will call you tonight to chate about maybe doing a movie with the kids tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this card - so awesome to find such a good deal and turn it into something even more beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun creation, Shanna! Thanks for playing with us girls at Wee Memories this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Shanna - so nice to see you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)