Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Spring!

TGIF! I spent the week trying to emerge from my funk. Sorry to say that I'm not quite there yet. I'm pretty sure that if I get crafting I'll feel better, but I literally had to make myself get in my craftroom, that's how grumpy I've been! At least the sun is shining now - we had snow again on the weekend and glum, cloudy, cold weather to start the week, so I felt only like curling up under a quilt with a good book - if I could have done just that, maybe I'd have been happy but of course, life must carry on. And surely spring will arrive soon......it is just taking forever this year!



However, it is the weekend so I've decided to try hard to leave the grumpies and the funk behind. :) To celebrate, I forced myself to get a card done to post, so here it is. Please be gentle as this is my "emerge from the funk" card! lol Actually, these were really fun colors to play with and who doesn't love a kite?


I'm going to enter this in the challenge this week over at Wee Memories as I think it fits - "Girls just wanna have fun" - this reminded me of how we used always to get a kite every Easter. :)


Heading out to meet the school bus....have a great Friday night!

Shanna :)


What I used:

Cricut: A Child's Year

papers: CTMH

stamp: CTMH Springtime

7 comments:

  1. Oh poor Narna. So sorry to hear you are feeling all poopy at the moment. The dark days do drain the spirit and zap the mojo. Looks like your mojo has survived though as this is a gorgeous cheery little number you have made. I love the silhouette of the child with the kite.
    Sometimes you do just NEED to curl up with a good book and get a bit of me time. Unfortunately it seems the only time I get to myself is when I'm supposed to be asleep!
    So you noticed I am conquering the butterfly thing head on! I had forgotten about the wedding/loose butterfly incident. Euggghhhh!
    Have a good weekend and I hope you feel better soon.
    La Loopa (if we are going to go all exotic!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...at least it's sunny today...finally! Have a great weekend.

    Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is great! We're supposed to get snow tonight!
    TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super fun, Shanna! I love it!

    Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card, I like the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card!!! I know the feeling and hope that you're out of your funk soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)