Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Birthday.....again....


Good evening,
As promised, I am posting my hubby's Birthday card. As I mentioned, my coloring needs some help. I am still hoping to get some lessons from Danielle over at Danderella. Besides technique, I think it also has to do with having the right colors especially when it comes to the shading, etc.
Not much to explain here. The image is Changito Driver from Stampendous - another I've had awhile (probably since about March) and never inked up. It matters not, but I'm glad to have used it at least once! The paper is the one I used for one of my boy's Bday invites about 3 years ago and had bought in bulk not knowing how much I would need, so I cannot remember what company it's from. Card base is CTMH cocoa.
Well, I hope you are all having a great week, I will be back soon with a "Twilight layout". If you are a regular reader, you may recall me being infatuated with Twilight back in July. Well, I decided to do a layout....
Cheers,
Shanna :)

6 comments:

  1. I think this is so fun! Coloring with Copics is NOT easy. Once I got my starter pack I though I was set...ohhh no. I have quite a few now and some favs I go to time and again. BUT to shade you need several of the same letter up and down in numbers. Like for the Browns you need E's then I use #25 #27 #37 etc etc that way you get light and dark of the same tone. I finally have enough skin tones...major out of pocket I am telling you. There is one place online that you can get them for about $4.50 a marker...still though cha ching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout on your card! Don't worry, once you get the hang of copics - you'll never look back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! No sweat on Copics. I'm no genius with them either, but the fun thing with them is practice makes perfect (or at least close to), and it's lots of fun to practice with them. Check out Papertrey's blog....sometime over the summer Nichole had a tutorial (I think it was for the Vintage Picnic set) where she showed how to shade and it was like a lightbulb went off for me. Happy practicing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that monkey in the car :D great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card... love the color combination! I have this same stamp and need to make a teen boy card this weekend so I just might have to dig it out now! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BWAHAHAHAHA! I didn't know what you were talking about when you asked if I saw your monkey the other day! Now I see him. Girl, we need to schedule a lesson...you can borrow my inks any time. You tell me what you have free. I love the card by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)