Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge - Tilda



Good afternoon!

I managed to get organized enough to post a card for Sparkle's Challenge this week! I haven't done a Tilda card in so long, and I had some fun with this one. I even got out the sewing machine!
I based this one on a card I saw on Claudia's blog, it's from the Friday Sketcher's blog. So, although I have never done any challenges except for Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge, I have managed to post this card for two! Yay!
The patterned paper I used is My Mind's Eye - I just love this paper! I also used dotted swiss from Bo Bunny and two shades from CTMH - Barn Red & Garden Green. The sentiment is from CTMH's Holiday Hoopla - I love having some smaller sentiments for when you want to make the image more the focus. Some white flock on her hat & coat trim, some Kaiser craft rhinestones & a few snowflakes finished it off. I had some fun finishing the inside too.
Hope you are all having a great weekend! We had our photos taken at our favorite park this morning and the boys and are about to organize ourselves to sign & address at least some of our Christmas cards. I have yet to write the family Christmas letter and don't yet have the photos to go inside, but we can at least get them addressed & signed so that part is done. It is a big job, with any luck with can get half way through today. Hmm, that might be a little steep, let's go for 1/3.
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Shanna :)

11 comments:

  1. Hi Bananastamper, I think I found your blog from Alanna's blog. I was intrigued so here I am checking out your blog. I jumped when I read that you are reading "The Drums of Autumn" By Diana Gabaldon. I just finished it and am into "The Fiery Cross". I love these stories. I enjoy time travel stories and she does a great job. Since I usually only read at night it takes me forever to get through these books. Diana takes chapters to get through a day.
    Have a great rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Perfect winter Tilda and wonderful DP choices; I especially like the row of snowmen on this fun sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that you did the inside too :D

    aren't xmas cards a TON of work LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thanks for listening yesterday. Didn't open the book yet, but I'm sure it will be finished by the time you get back to town on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card and the colors. But, most of all love the stamp. I'm a huge Tilda fan. I'll have to try a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey chica! I left you something on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely darling. I love how you colored this Tilda and those yummy papers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ps - left you an award on my blog today

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really a beautiful card! I love the patterned paper and color combination. You probably hear this all the time but I love the material you use for taking your photos and in this photo love the buttons... it really accents the photo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)