Saturday, November 28, 2009

My first Easel card



Happy Saturday!
I had to make a card for a colleague who is leaving our office and used it as an excuse to try out my first easel card! (Thanks Danielle for the inspiration!) I can't believe how easy it was! I have left the "inside" blank for now as several of us will be writing messages on that part.
I used Cosmo Cricket's Earth Love Recycle paper as well as a great quote stamp from Stampendous - the quote is actually from Tim McGraw (what can I say, I'm a country fan!) I used my EK Success punch to add the corners around the quote, then added some Bella bling and tied some ribbon through a wooden button (picked these up at a quilt shop, love them). The base of my card is Bazzil.
Sorry about the shadows, I either have no sun at all, or too much! Happy Weekend,
Shanna :)
p.s. Forgot to say that this was loosely based on a Mojo Monday sketch from June.

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I love the paper and the sentiment. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the paper - cool easel card :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful!!! love your layout and paper combo!! will be a hit for sure TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! from another country fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great easel card! Way to go Tim McGraw!!! Another country fan!! oh and a Harry Potter fan too!!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Easel card is just beautiful. I LOVE that paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)