Monday, April 30, 2012

Dictionary pages


Okay, so it's Monday - not my favourite day of the week, but it has been a pretty good day so far.
Today's card(s) are for the current tic tac toe challenge at The Paper Players. I have chosen to use flowers, designer paper and the "free space" to make my line.


I have used a page I pulled from an old dictionary. It still hurts me to pull pages out of a book - you know, it just goes against everything I was taught as a small child - however, it is in the name of making a fun card and I have collected a few old dictionaries with this sort of thing in mind, so it isn't like we cannot look  up words in our house. Here is a close up of the flower I made.


And here is another quick card I made up at the same time, leaving it without a sentiment which can be added later or used as is for a note card.



Word of the day:
innocuous - harmless, not offensive
Hope you all have a fantastic week!
Shanna :)


What I used:
papers: from the scrap bin & an old dictionary
punches - SU and EK success
stamp: SU - Tiny Tags
buttons - misc.

6 comments:

  1. I really LOVE this! love the text!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use an old Dictionary for your designer paper!! I have bought old sheet music and old sewing patterns to do the same. Love the card and the rolodex punch really adds some character. Thanks for joining us at Paper Players this week!!

    Hugs
    Shirley April GD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards...still lovin' the old dictionary pages as paper. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The old dictionary pages are so fun and tearing them out is, well, sort of ...innocuous! Think of it as recycling

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of these! The dictionary pages are fabulous and the colors so fresh! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both fabulous cards. I agree with you about tearing pages out of a book, when I was young books were incredibly precious. However, this was for a good cause :-)
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)