Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Deeply

Here is the second card that I made for Laurel's Inspired by Challenge this week.

This time, I went with the bicycle and flowers as well as the vintage feel. I had some fun punching flowers out of an old dictionary I picked up either at the Thrift store. The seam binding worked well here except that I have decided it was a bit too wide for this card. If I were to do this again, I would change the ribbon to something thinner. Oh well, I still like the overall feel of the card.

I would also like to share my card at Crazy for Challenges where the theme is buttons!

Well, yesterday was a snow/ice day! No buses and I had to cancel my overnight trip out of town. We stayed close to home and I managed to steal away into my scrap space - it felt so good! I am anxious to see what the weather is going to do. I am scheduling this post - so it is Monday night right now and we have ice and snow covering everything. The poor little yellow crocus that bloomed a couple of days ago is not so happy now!

Take care,
Shanna :)


What I used:
papers: MME Lost & Found Two - Rosy
stamps: CTMH
embellishments: random buttons, antique seam binding from Vintage Pixie, paper flowers punched out of an old dictionary, wooden buttons (NEW at DAT'S)

4 comments:

  1. Great card...love the dictionary flowers!! Great sentiment too! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you used pages from a book. Again, causing us to think outside the box. (Maybe I'm the only one that isn't doing that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Shanna. I really need to start looking for some old books. I love the way they look on pages. It must be so hard to cut them up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the scalloped edge on the red paper and of course the flowers are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)