Monday, April 16, 2012

Sweet Baby Love

If you are looking for my DAT'S Designing Divas Blog Hop post, click here or scroll down one post. There is still time - you have until Midnight (EST) tonight, Monday, April 16th to complete the hop and qualify for the prize.

Our first challenge is to make a project with a scrapbooking theme - sure hope you can join us! This challenge is open until April 30th. We look forward to seeing your creations!

Now for today's post:
This is the inspiration photo for this week's challenge at Inspired By. I love it and it was just what I needed to kick the lack of mojo! Thanks Laurel!

I started off with something basic - I didn't even stamp on this one!

I would also like to share over at Little Red Wagon where the challenge is to use a spring palette.

WORD OF THE DAY:

I've decided to start something new, a bit of a personal goal I've set for myself. I am an avid reader and often come across words that I need to know more about. Sometimes the word is entirely new to me. Sometimes I understand the word in the context of the story perhaps, but would not be able to confidently use it in everyday speech. I have challenged myself to consult my dictionary more frequently to look up these words and it has been fun!

Of course, I encourage my boys, who are readers as well, to do the same, and would like to be a good role model in this respect. So, I am going to aim to post a new word every couple of posts or so, more to help me stick to my goal than anything else. If you happen to learn a new word, well that's a bonus!

Today's word

proponent - one who argues in favour of something.

I am a proponent of taking time for oneself to do such things as scrapbook.

Thanks for stopping by!
Shanna :)

What I used:
Papers: Simple Stories - Baby Steps (available at DAT'S)
ribbon: SU

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty...gasp..no stamping. That would be like me minus a Cricut cut. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gorgeous, gorgeous take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. I love how you used the ribbon with the button.

    I am saying this in a nice way....you have way too much time on your hands

    Good for you to expand your vocabulary, but I would never put that much effort into it. I would just call my dad and ask him what the word meant.

    Love always, Me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)