Saturday, April 21, 2012

Today, tomorrow & forever

 Happy Saturday! 
Thanks so much for stopping by!


You still have time to join us for our very first challenge over at DAT'S Designing Divas where we are celebrating National Scrapbooking Day - whip up a project with a scrapbooking theme and then drop by and link up. We can't wait to see what you have to share! Click here to see my original post about the challenge and my Happy Scrappy Day card.


Today's layout is for Laurel's Inspired by challenge. Here is the inspiration photo:



And here is my layout - gasp, yes a layout! I am starting to get more in the mood to do some scrapping - which is awesome since there is no shortage of photos around here! The inspiration photo made me think of several things - maps, travel, caring for the earth, recycling - the possibilities seemed endless, but this is where I began - with the colours and travel. These are photos from our East Coast vacation last summer - these particular shots are from our fabulous day in Halifax. That huge rope made for an awesome backdrop for photos. We ended up using this family shot of the four of us as our Christmas Card photo.




I LOVE these fabulous papers that I picked up at DAT'S awhile back. If I'm not mistaken, there is still some of this line left. Since I wanted to use the sail boat charm, I took apart an embellishment from the 30 brads pack that came with the line and made my own.


I had to add this photo of the Canadian flag - we were so struck by the patriotism that we saw in Halifax. There were Canadian flags everywhere and they were playing music by Canadian artists in all the shops - it made us so proud to be Canadian!


I had a tough time figuring out where to journal on here since I didn't want to distract too much form the photos of our family - in the end I went with tone on tone papers and tucked it under the edge of my main photo.


I hope you are having a great weekend so far!
Shanna :)


What I used:
papers: MME - Lost and Found Two 
embellishments: Lost & Found Two 30 pack of brads, misc ribbon, spellbinders (labels 22)
stamps: CTMH D1386 Save the Date

3 comments:

  1. I love this layout and it is a perfect take on the challenge! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! A layout! It's gorgeous. Love the embellishments and your paper choice. Well done ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)