Sunday, March 28, 2010

Paper Sundaes Week #11 Photo Inspiration Challenge

Happy Sundae! Thanks for stopping by and thank you for all your encouraging comments on my last post. I am really going to try to find some mojo for layouts - I have so many fun photos just waiting to find their permanent home on a page.....I've been working on building up my stash of cards so that I can carve out some time to do a few layouts. We'll see how it goes...

This week's challenge at Paper Sundaes is a Photo Inspiration challenge and I just love this photos that was chosen to inspire us! Our sponsor this week is Jenny from Paper Jewels and this week's winner will recieve 2 Sweet Pea stamps. Jenny also carries the adorable Bildmalarna stamps - if you haven't seen these, go check them out, just adorable!



Though I love this photo and find the Sweet Peas beautiful, I have to confess that I had a hard time with this challenge. These images are new to me and of a different style than my usual and I had some trouble matching papers to the copics that I had that matched the colors in the inspiration photo. Or maybe my mojo just took a hike....

In any case, I did enjoy stamping the background for this one (a little difficult to see) and then covering the background panels with a layer of Irridescent glimmer mist - this stuff is so fun! I didn't add a sentiment as I didn't want to distract from the image.

Hope you can join us and play along this week. Be sure to visit my fellow DT members - they have made some truly gorgeous cards showcasing a variety of Sweet Pea images.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Shanna :)

What I used:
stamps: Sweet Pea image from, Spot on Backgrounds (CTMH) papers: CTMH buttercup, Bo Bunny purple dot, Basic greyembellishments: SU ribbon, Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), e. pearls from Prima

12 comments:

  1. Wow, look at that card, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the card. It is always good to step out of the box from our norm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a hard time with this one too.. but your card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was definitely a hard challenge for me to, but I love these stamps. Your card is great, love the glimmer mist background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, you did a great job colouring it, the extra effort was worthwhile! I like how you tied the ribbons, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, I love these images and you have coloured it perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Myyyyyyy! How beautiful is this Sweet Pea image? Love your DP combination, pretty ribbon, and blingy Glimmer Mist :o!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Shanna! You did an amazing job - One would never know you had a last minute image arrival (sorry!)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)