Sunday, May 18, 2014

Holiday Wishes for Jingle Belles & Tis' the Season

On the way to the Farmer's Market yesterday, Hubby spied a  yard sale and suggested we stop. I wasn't really in the mood, but I'm so glad we stopped. I found a number of fun items including old music books, a Saturday Evening post Christmas book full of stories and artwork and these fabulous Christmas playing cards! There are two different prints in the set and they came in a beautiful tin that will be perfect packaging for a set of gift tags. I couldn't wait to get home and try to turn one of the playing cards into a card!
 Tis' the Season and Jingle Belles have a cross over challenge going on - you need to use the sketch (below) and use some bling. This is what I came up with...

Another shot with the envelope I made to match.


You will notice that I rotated the sketch.



Here is the inside:



Thought I would share evidence that the mojo seems to be back if not on it's way. A creative mess is usually a good sign, lol!



Thanks for your visit!
Shanna :)

Here is what I used:
papers: MME All is Bright
ink: ruby and juniper from CTMH
most of the rest of what I used is pictured here
recycled playing cards



10 comments:

  1. Defo looks like mojo is returning! Fab thing that we don't mention until 24 December card! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Great use of the playing card and I love the Holiday Wishes tag. The envelope looks amazing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooops! I forgot...the Scrap Room looks awesome like that, it's supposed to look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab design, love that retro look that you do so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you decorated the card, inside the card, and the envelope ... and such a creative use of the sketch ... we're so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great score at the yard sale! Love how you used the playing card and turned the sketch, this is a lovely card.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at 'Tis The Season and our friends at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is great! Love what you used on it to make it into a Christmas card! You definitely scored at the Farmer's Market. Thanks for playing with us at 'Tis the Season.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun crafting space.. Your card is lovely. I really like how you used the sketch.. and all the elements you added. Thanks for joining us at 'Tis the Season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooooooooooh! your space is SO COOL!!! i'll be right over to play!!! :)

    but seriously, NO WONDER you can *ROCK* the sketch & the bling, not to mention the inside of the card and the envelope, too!!!!! YOWZA! what a fab job for our TTS & JB crossover!!! ♥♥♥

    ps: i understand the phrase, "not in the mood" but cannot quiiiiiiiiite see how it would apply to a yard sale???!?! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how resourceful you were with this card! Thanks, too, for giving me ideas on how to use everyday things to create. You did a great job with this sketch! Very vintage...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)