Thursday, May 15, 2014

Let it Snow! lol

Working on the mojo...
this card worked out for the challenge at Shopping our Stash - Sing it to me - use a song to inspire your project.

I know, I have made a major "fauxpas" singing "Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow" two days before May long, but what can I say, the mojo has not yet returned and there was snow in the forecast for us this weekend until it changed this morning. We are hopeful that it won't snow, but it is not very warm just now, maybe 7c but windy as all get out! Today was the sort of day that I would have liked to put on my sweats or comfy jammies and curl up under a quilt with a pot of chai and a good book! 

Speaking of which - have you read any good books lately? Just finished "Girl with the pearl earring" and really enjoyed it. I have also been doing some pre-reading of pre-teen and young adult books that my boys are planning to read or have already read. Many of them are quick reads and I like to know what they are reading. I did enjoy the" Brian" series by Gary Paulson - there are several and all about survival in the wilderness, perfect for boys. My youngest who is 9 has taken a recent interest in Gordon Korman, so I plan to read or re-read his early books as well. I had not realized that he started writing in the seventh grade and had published several books before graduating from highschool! I am anxiously awaiting "Written in my own heart's blood" by Diana Gabaldon - the 8th book in the series. It will be out in June and I pre-ordered months ago. Can't wait for it to arrive in my mailbox! While waiting, I am about to start reading the Thomas Cromwell Trilogy by Hilary Mantel.  I read some great non-fiction this past winter/spring as well, but maybe I'll share that in another post. Somehow this turned into a post about reading...hmm so wonder my mojo is lacking, I can't focus! In any case, I would love to hear what you've been reading. I am always looking for the next good one - please leave me a comment if you've come across a good read lately!


Sure hope the weather is more spring-like where you are! I hope to be back soon with something more springish!

Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks to those who came by and commented after my very long  and unplanned blogging break!

Shanna :)

papers are Jillibean Soup

8 comments:

  1. YOU have been nominated for the Liebster Award!
    Check it out! Hope you can join in :D

    http://stscrapbooker.blogspot.ca/2014/05/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Spring is coming!! : ) Sweet card. I really love the color combo.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always in the mood to make Christmas cards! I haven't read anything good lately, but I just went to the library today, so I'll let you know if what I got is any good. And I'll keep the pearl earring book in the back of my mind for next trip to the library!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love the fun colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinda felt like it could have snowed this weekend here in Southern Ontario! Great Christmas card! I love that design paper with all the colourful houses! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "sing it to me" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. in the laurniverse, there's NOTHING weird about singing "let it snow" in may! which is not to say it isn't weird irl, but then a stress-free december is worth it, right? i must say, miss shanna, that for someone with an AWOL mojo, you sure did make a GORGEOUS card!!!

    re books i've been mostly reading junky 1930's & 40's mystery novels, but i am listening to "daughter of smoke and bone" which is very cool if you like kind of oddball supernatural type things. which i do. i have also read the 1st hillary mantel, which is AWESOME, and read "girl with a pearl earring" when it first came out but RE-read it after seeing the actual vermeer on which it's based in nyc last fall. AMAZING!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evil wish of snow... But the gorgeous card makes up for it! Thanks for joining in the sing it to me challenge at Shopping our Stash this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)