Monday, May 26, 2014

Merry and Bright all night

Here is another Christmas card for the stash inspired by the current challenge at Jingle Belles which is to use the word peace or create a card that represents peace to you. To me, there is little more peaceful or beautiful that a fresh snowfall, especially when it is the sort of snow that sticks to everything including the trees. 

I would also like to share at Christmas Card Challenges  where the current challenge is Anything goes.

So here is my card. Though it is difficult for me, I am trying to keep as many cards as possible this year flat or flatter for mailing. Which translates to cutting back on embellishments. I think though that too much embellishment would compete with the focal image on this one. What do you think?

Let is snow - ironic really, since it is currently 28 degrees here and feeling like 30! Amazing how much the weather can change in just one week! From winter to summer all at once - I think we skipped spring altogether! My first daffodil appeared just today and the lilacs aren't even close to blooming. My Pasque flower, one of the first to bloom in my garden is only just shooting up now. This is the slowest spring I can remember in my adult life. One week ago today, I wore a hoodie and a vest to soccer, tonight I am wearing shorts and worried about burning in the sun, lol! (2 weeks ago, I was wearing my winter jacket and mittens and sat watching with a blanket wrapped around me!)

Thanks for visiting!
Shanna :)

What I used:
stamp: CTMH A1148 Birght All Night Quick Cards (hostess rewards)
patterned paper: Echol Park "Winter Wishes"
ribbon: Bo Bunny


5 comments:

  1. oooooooooh! now *THAT* is a FAB card, and to tell the truth, i hadn't really noticed it's *flatness* until you mentioned it, and it so totally agree that it really DOES NOT need one more thing! (b/c YEAH, i'm afraid ANY lumpy thing would steal some of the attention from that gorgeous stamped panel; you've got color, pattern, a nice layout and that perfect stamp! job done!) :)

    ps: this is the slowest spring *I* ever remember here, as well; after the coldest snowiest winter. and yet today after chilly nights all last week, we have the a/c on b/c it's suddenly 87 degrees! ack! :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic mailable design ... love the snowy landscape ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the ribbon loops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing like the peaceful sound of snow falling and your card takes me right there. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)