Saturday, May 17, 2014

You are precious to me

Good afternoon,
 I was fortunate enough to find Patti's blog, Stationary Styles a couple days ago when she left me a comment. Scrolling through her blog helped to get the creative juices flowing again. After laying eyes on this beautiful CAS card, I was inspired to get out my CTMH "Honeycomb" set and play. Essentially, I CASE'd her card - so thanks Patti! I can see so many possibilities with just one stamp set and a few colour changes! This is the first one I made. I will share a few others in a later post. I love how the design is simple yet it has texture because of the variety of patterns in the stamps.

I was also inspired recently by the mail art being shared over at The Letter Writer's Alliance and decided that when time allows, I should put more effort into my envelopes. Scrolling through Donovan's Instagram feed got me really excited about envelopes again - good thing I have my handy Stampin' Up envelope maker! Mine is pretty basic compared with the fun stuff she has been making, but I do like how it turned out. I dare say it is a good way to use up stash!


Last but not least, here is the inside. I decided to make it a Dad's day card.

 Hope you are having a fabulous weekend and a fabulous May long for those who are celebrating! Thanks for visiting!

Shanna :)

What I used:
stamps: CTMH "Honeycomb" C1537
CTMH "Say it in Style" for Happy Father's Day
CTMH "Priceless word puzzle" D1348
CTMH "Vintage Post card" D1207
Tim Holtz "Life's Possibilities" and "The Journey"
Thanks for being there is from Inkadinkado
inks: CTMH: garnet, outdoor denim, slate & black
random patterned paper from stash for envelope
.

4 comments:

  1. Cool envelope!!! Looks like your mojo came back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Shanna, love the envelope too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey hey Bananananananana. LOVE this. So striking and really rather nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love how you worked in the quote into the honey combs on the front. The envelope is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)