Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy 85th Papa!

Thanks to Danderella, I was able to get in my craft room this afternoon. Her girls invited Chester and Pickle Pants over for a movie and now they are getting some fresh air together in her backyard! Perfect - I get some crafty time and the kiddos get some play time in the freshly fallen snow - what would I do without my girlfriends!?!?!



This card is overdue as my Papa's Bday was at the beginning of the month, so I wanted to get something done quickly. I cannot believe he is 85! To me he doesn't look a day older than he did when I was a little girl! I am printing some photos from Christmas to send with this. This year was the first in years that we have gone home to Southern Ontario for, so I thought I'd be nice to send some fun photos too.

Before settling down to make this card, I checked out a few challenges and luckily found this great sketch over at Friday Sketchers! It worked pefectly for these papers. I am also going to enter my card in the challenge at Paper Sundaes - cirlces and at Wee Memories - ribbon - that's an easy one for me, I love me my riboon! What made this card so fun was that it came together super quick simply using the papers and some embellishments - I think I'll make another just to have in my stash. I have such a hard time with masucline cards....

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Cheers,

Shanna :)

What I used:

papers: Bday Bash - Imaginisce

14 comments:

  1. Great card! Male cards are sooo hard to make. Love the paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Poppet! This card is so fabby. I absolutely LOVE the colours, the layout, everything. Looks like you enjoyed your me time. Hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful bday card, I have such a hard time with masculine cards! So glad you found some time to craft! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it but my fav. part is the happy birthday in different colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those fun papers, & your ribbon is perfect, Shanna! I'm so glad you played along with us at Wee Memories this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous! I love those colours. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Wee Memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great birthday card! Love the papers you used!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes, hope you'll join us for our Birthday Celebration this week and play again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo! LOVE your design and all those scrumptious, patterned papers! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card!!! I love the bold color combination!! Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)