Monday, January 17, 2011

Skater Ian

Happy Monday!?! Or not - we received about 15 centimetres of snow here since sometime last night and I just came in from shovelling!!! I can always find a reason NOT to like Mondays! Oh well, at least it doesn't snow everyday and it does look quite pretty....not so pretty when there is so much you cannot drive into the driveway...

I do realize though, that you did not stop by to listen to me whine, so I will share my card. You will notice that I used the same paper line for this one as for the last card I posted. I had so much fun working with these papers and colors that I decided to keep going.

Also, I wanted to play along with a couple of challenges. The challenge over at Raise the Bar is "Oh to be a Kid again" - they want to see us use child images. I believe that my card also fits the color combo at Curtain Call this week - Curtain Call 65.
I decided that I can always use some more boy Birthday cards in the stash, what with me being outnumbered by boys in this house! I dream of one day claiming one of our two bathrooms to myself - how nice it would be if I didn't have to put the seat back down every time I go pee! Maybe once they're a little older, if I decorate it all girly and add a little bling here and there, maybe I can scare them offf......Oh, here I am dreaming and complaining again. I guess it must be time to sign off and usher Chester and Pickle Pants into bed. (Shhhh, they are watching a couple of episodes Pink Panter - the one I watched as a kid - while I shovelled the driveway and snuck in a few minutes to write my post...)

Cheers,
Shanna :)

p.s. sorry for the off color photo - I had to take it without daylight as I really wanted to get a post up tonight. :)

10 comments:

  1. Great card Shanna, I love colouring this image! Love the layout and paper & I love hearing about how much snow everyone else is having!! Here on the west coast we had major snow one night & had school cancelled for 1 day and then it rained for 2 days and was all gone (which was perfect). I love it as long as I don't have to drive in it (or shovel it).
    I one day too dream of being able to go to the bathroom without putting the seat down....Oh the joys of boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he is so cute!

    Don't feel too bad about the snow. We're supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow morning. YUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More snow! Yeurgh! Your card rocks though. Fabby papers and colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You shoveled? Funny, hubby phoned our house on his way home looking for the snow-blower...it was broken though...but I'm sure he didn't know you'd already done the job! I too had to shovel the snow at my house...what is the point of having all these boys around if they don't shovel snow? Good thing they're cute! LOL! Great card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card!! I love that paper line!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Again, love all the stitching

    I guess in this instance, it's a good thing that I have a bad back and can't shovel the snow. I had to do it in December and my back is still hurting from it. The snow is very pretty and it finally looks like winter around here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heehee, I love your card and your post:) I have 3 sons and can TOTALLY relate! :) Great image you used here too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used the colors for this challenge. TFS! I just became a follower and hope you'll follow me too.

    Mama LoveBug
    http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great use of these patterned papers! I love the dark stitching, and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for playing at the Curtain Call this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)